Saturday, March 12, 2016

Friday Voices

Friday Voices


Dawn.  Late morning.  Birdsong out beyond the opened blinds.


I am telling you

all of this because

I have never met anyone so at peace and

willing to listen.


There are two cardinals.  One is a red flare on a bouncing

twig just above the shed, the other

a plaid on the peak of the swingset.


I go on and on about her and her and him and

this other one and the thing I said or should have.

 

Both fly away now.  The neighbors let their dog out, a caramel candy with claws.

 

How can you be so gentle and concerned yet

so relaxed?  I talk to you about it because when I say it

you don't fall apart or make a face.  I can stomp down into your floor, solid

and just keep talking.


Wind gets gusty.  You hear the neighbors voice.  Calling out for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment