Wednesday, June 2, 2021

AT THE TABLE

 [Continuing]


What is here is now is this. All being thought surely in the finest, most exquisite shameless, utterly pure and holy light of the creator who is present and speaking to you…


Here I am,


Creating flush about the flesh now on his face… Knowing in the sense of what it actually felt like to have your skin set to flame –


He saw too much, he thought too much!


He waved the coffee cup as though offering her some and also to keep his balance as his heart rate had spiked dramatically after the curchug and a hiccup, directly upon simply witnessing the mere site of her there on the chair facing him directly.


It was lightning, her visage in that posture, some electric jolt shot through straight into an otherwise bland and fictitious world.


Just then he bumped his knee into the table, it skidded a smidge, letting out one of those loud noises one might hear from a semi's exhaust out on the freeway. Bbrrrrr…!


My G… od! Anthony was right! I've turned into a primate in heat!


He shot a purposeful glance outside. Nobody's panting, I am breathing normally. In. Out.


I'm going to look outside, I'm going to point right now. I'm going to point my finger out the window at the geese. I know there are no geese.


Do you ever get geese around here?


Of course, he was up all night after completing his full round of Prednisone, he was sleepless and endlessly thirsty and concerned how it would go for her at the hospital and now, in this instant, as the early light of morning glinted off of the lake behind the cabin, this glimpse of Eve; the familiar someone shown pure after a manner more than innocent – he just wasn't quite ready.


What in heaven! What on earth!


His face had erupted into a terrible perfection of flush, so real that his face burst out its blood vessels all-around his cheeks.


He thought of hopping down the two stairs into the living room and out through the sliding glass doors. A quick change of scenery would deflect.


Yes, outside man! For God's sake get outside!


But luckily, by some small miracle of grace, much of it was lost on her. Suddenly the wild scene shifted and was over.


Such became clear as he watched her lazily reach over to start spooning out eggs onto her plate and diving right in to say something to him as though picking up their conversation without a speck of interruption from the night before.



So – You and I my friend were sitting down to talk further about this epic dream you had, remember? She buttered toast and took a crunchy bite.


I have to tell you. Some of my recollections from what you read to me last evening, I mean some of the poetry… the visions you detailed so elegantly… I couldn't shake them from my mind. 


Sipping his coffee, still in disbelief that such an out-of-control moment had so effortlessly and instantly slipped away like birdsong, as quickly and as naturally as it had erupted, he took a moment to simply shake his head and smile.


Sensing now that things would move along without her noticing, he thought to himself, I guess a little more connected with her than I assumed.


They are beautiful man, truly beautiful. Mostly I guess I'm recalling from what you read, that sense of vastness, the sprawling fields, the open skies… It's as though you traveled to another hemisphere. As though you fell into a sort of Alice's Wonderland.


Well… I guess I'd just say for starters. It was the photo. That perfect Poppy. Believe me I had no idea what I was in for when I tore open the package and began gazing at it there on my living room floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment