Wednesday, February 24, 2021

CAT TALKING

 (Continuing)


So tell me about yourself.


That's the first thing you want to say to me?


You are a talking cat and those are the first words you want to use?


Well what were you hoping for, hail to the chief? Let me quickly start with thank you for saving me from that horrible prison and bringing me to this lavish house of love and mystery.


Well, you're welcome. So…


So tell me whatever you want about whatever…


And would you also please scratch me behind my left ear.


Just then the sun burst so brightly into the front living room he had to turn away squinting. He wore his reading glasses which he was fearful would cause such a magnification of the brilliant beams showering through the window that his retinas would be scorched in a painful barbecued instant. Look away man!


Zoe gets up from the far corner of the room and walks closer to him. She stops in the middle of the throw rug and sprawls out on her back.


He thumbs through his record collection and plays The Band.


It's all him of course. Thoughts move and change as he grabs a snack and loses connection with Zoe who never appreciates distraction.


He remembers a night during seminary singing in a circle with friends from Nigeria and Uganda. Together he remembers their singing "I will give God, my lifetime… I will give God, my lifetime."


So I could tell you a little bit of what heaven feels like. It's the song of sweet communion and brotherhood, hand-in-hand committed to simply being available to Life. Presence to presence.


A glory connection not unlike that… experienced with a little chocolate Burmese purring at your toes.


You breathe it in, you breathe it out

do not grasp, do not resist


Zoe, now where did I put my spiral notebook? The sunset should be absolutely beautiful tonight.


Whatever he was thinking still came into being, over and over. Something told him he should simply keep going, it hadn't let him down thus far. No not by any means. Zoe agreed and the two returned to their happy silence once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment